Present: Lonnie, Al, Mel, Vanessa, Kim, Terri M, Viv, Keith, Judge, Sheldon, Nancy, Terry
1.Annual meeting minutes read.
2.Financial: Town has received payment of $10,000 that represents the 2011 contribution to the MEC reserve fund. This is always due at the end of the year. Made a deposit of $14,500. $13, 353 in chequing, $75 in savings. $700 in payables.
3.Coke has confirmed we are getting a drink dispenser. Date: TBA
4.Registrations: ladies: 13 teams, 7 subs; mens: 21 teams; junior: 10 teams; mixed: 5 teams
5.Junior: will start next week, first game on Nov 12. Timed games. Looking for 2 players to fill out 2 teams. 2 coaches are still needed. Wind up on March 9.
-Funspiel: Nov 17: Judge, Kim? Will ask Jenn Derksen to make poster
– Ladies: Jan 4-6: Kim, Keith, Judge
-Men’s Feb 22-24: Mel, Al, Vanessa
-Mixed Mar 15-17: Lonnie, Viv, Terri
-Junior Jan 26: Sheldon
7. Manager’s report: still having problems with the compressor. Sigh.
8. Tuesday ladies meal option: will bring it up at first ladies night to get feedback
9. Sub list: subs have to play lead, associate fee for subs waived unless they would like to be members.
10. We will be putting together a packet to go along with the schedule so people will know the “unwritten” rules. Will also include a welcome, sub rules, AED, draw times, sub list, quick play, thank you for volunteering, bonspiel dates, and windup date.
11. Bell: inconclusive
Mens bonspiel: No minors will be allowed upstairs, time determined by bonspiel committees. Subs cannot be female and vice versa for ladies bonspiel.
Opposite gender will be allowed upstairs during bonspiels.
Bar is open for Maroons fans during the week.
Teaching adults to curl: Al and Sheldon will instruct at 6:00pm for 3 weeks on Tuesdays for anyone who wants some instruction learning to curl. (starting November 13)
The Dominion: If a team is interested the club will pay for them to go. Cost is $125.00 per team.
Keith will modify the bartending instructions.
Next meeting December 3, 2012
Recorded and submitted by Melanie Schroeder