Executive Meeting November 2, 2015

1.Board Roles

1.1.President: plan meetings, make agendas and act as the face of the club, has signing authority on our account

Keith

1.2.Vice President: act as President when President is not available, also has signing authority on our account

Derek

1.3.Secretary: takes and distributes meeting minutes and maintain our membership lists

Grace? – Keith will ask

1.4.Social Media and Member Communications: responsible for maintaining our facebook page, member email lists and sending out emails to members

Dineen

1.5.Junior Coordinator: Coordinates the Junior Programming

Derek

1.6.Asst Junior Coordinator: Helps with the Juniors

Alex

1.7.Bar/Kitchen coordinator: Responsible to work with Terry find volunteers or employees, maintain the menus and the Powerpoint show on the Bar TV

Terri will take on volunteer/employees for kitchen help

1.8.Men’s Wednesday Liason – designated person that communicates with the Wednesday night group, responsible to ensure all curlers have paid registrations

Collin & Dan

1.9.Men’s Thursday Liason – designated person that communicates with the Thursday night group, responsible to ensure all curlers have paid registrations

Brent

1.10.Tuesday Ladies Curling Liason – designated person that communicates with the Tuesday night group, responsible to ensure all curlers have paid registrations

Grace or Dineen

1.11.Wednesday Ladies Curling Liason – designated person that communicates with the Wednesday night group, responsible to ensure all curlers have paid registrations

Mel

2.Managers Report – Terry

-Finished flooding, scraping tomorrow night

-Will be ready for Tuesday night

-Plant started up well

3.Ice Plant replacement  – Keith

-Keith met with Ron Epp to discuss options

-Nov 17 5:45 meeting with town council, Derek and Keith are going

-Going to ask for entire $140,000 Capital Reserve Fund for purchase

-Still waiting to hear back from some grants

-Town is looking to replace their condenser for the hockey rink, might make it more difficult to get entire fund

-Need to look at our responsibilities as tenant versus town as building owner

-Keith is going to put together either a handout or powerpoint for the meeting

-Looking to replace for next year

4.Men’s League Update

-Men’s draws  set for both nights and emailed out to all teams

-Exec reps on each night will collect the money

-Bell will be instituted for Men’s 6 pm draw

oBell will ring at 7:40 pm, when bell rings finish that end and one more

-Bartenders need to be at rink for 6:45 pm

5.Tuesday Ladies League Update

-No report

6.Wednesday Ladies League Update

-Starting this week at 1 pm

-Registration taken care of by the ladies at the first curling afternoon

7.Junior Update

-Intro to Curling

oStill nine openings for Intro to curling, but expecting a few more registrations

oVolunteers: Alex, Keith, Derek, Dan, Jim/Vicki?, Sheldon, Mack, Emily

oSub helpers: Ian

-Junior League

oFirst night will be practice – Vic and Nancy will be helping

oseven teams in 5 pm draw, six teams in 6:30 pm draw, but looking for a few more curlers to fill out the teams in the 6:30 draw.

oLooking for a few more volunteers

-High School League

oPracticing on Wed and Friday mornings from 7:30 am – 8:30 am

oRunning exhibition games on the open sheet of ice on Mondays during the 6:30 pm draw

8.Assign Bonspiel Coordinators

-Ladies Bonspiel January 8-10: Dan, Terry, Grace

-Junior Bonspiel January 22-23: Derek, Ian?, Alex?

-Mens Bonspiel February 19-21: Collin, Dineen?

-Mixed Bonspiel March 18-20: Keith, Brent, Mel? Al (help with the band)

9.Wall Mural Painting – Payment – four students worked a total of 5-6 hours

-$25 gift certificates for each student

-$100 donation to the art club

-Derek made a motion “I motion to give each of the four students from Miller who helped paint the murals $25 in chamber bucks and to donate $100 to the W.C. Miller Art Club”

Terry seconded it

Motion passed unanimously

10.Next Meeting

-November 30 at 7 pm

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *