All present: Dineen Pippus, Collin Sawatzky, Derek Wahl, Keith Stoesz, Dan Pappel, Brent Fehr, Terry Peters, Terry McMillan, Grace Braun
Regrets: Ian Forrester, Alex Wahl, Al Friesen, Melanie Kauppila
1. Terry Peters has cleaned most everything up at the club with the exception to a few things in the kitchen. There are a few more rentals and meeting commitments for this week.
Terry mentioned that many of the 5 year sponsorships are complete this year.
Some discussion on a trophy case for the main floor. Keith will discuss with Red River Glass.
2. No financial report.
3. Ice plant replacement is confirmed for this year. It will be an ammonia run plant.the curling club will receive monies from the Town capitals fund. Much of this money was given to the Town of Altona to put into capital by the Altona Curling club. This new plant will be installed this summer and the clean up will be done by the same company that installs it.
There are also a few grants that we have not heard from.
4. Mixed bonspiel review
– 16 teams …up from last year and it was fun
– no band is needed for next year.
– a new sound system is needed…Terry Peters will talk to Golden West Radio. Approach the Town as this is a capital item.
The Wednesday afternoon ladies donated a new coffee maker as the old one was on the way out.
5. Junior Curling program will be run by Keith Stoesz next year.
Town of Altona will be doing the registration this next year and keeping it a divided registration.
Curling next year starts on
Ladies- November 1st
Older juniors – November 7th
Younger juniors – November 10th.