Present: Alex Wahl, Brent Fehr, Collin Sawatzky, Keith Stoesz, Dan Pappel, Tara Funke, Derek Wahl
Missing: Wendy Friesen, Terry Peters, Dineen Pippus, Terry McMillan
Review of the March Meeting Minutes
- Motion to move the minutes – Alex Wahl
- Second – Tara Funke
Manager’s Report – Terry Peters
- Discuss Rental rates
- Will confirm with Terry but want rates to go up $25 to ½ day $100, full day $200, extra $50 for kitchen
- Ceiling Cleanup – Stacey says will be completed soon. Terry or Alex would like to be present to do a visual check.
- Bulbs will be replaced at the clubs cost.
- Need dots put in for the mixed doubles curling
- Alex will see if we can get a sponsor to pay for their logo on the dots.
- Terry may need some extra help till Al gets back.
- Utilities clocks need to be reset on Oct 15 when the club takes over for the season
- Dishwasher has a leak if not treated correctly, replacement should be considered in the future
- Wednesday & Thursday Men’s League
- Need to draft a letter to all teams re: a balanced approach to keeping the Wed/Thurs numbers closer to each other, if not we will need to implement cross-over games
- Best results would be an email with a follow-up phone call.
- Tuesday Ladies
- This is actually for all leagues, need a sign up to clarify that the bell is for the early draw only.
- Wednesday Ladies
- We want to have a representative from this league on the executive.
- Consider advertising this league a bit more – newspaper ad, also for all leagues?
- Men’s nights Nov 1st/2nd
- Ladies night Nov 7th
- Club Windup March 22nd
- Women’s Jan 12,13
- Men’s Feb 16,17
- Mixed Doubles Nov 18th
- This is an 18+ only spiel
- Will need a few volunteers to run the on ice side of things
- Do we have an open bonspiel on March 16,17 instead of a mixed bonspiel??
Junior League Update
- Start dates
- Thursday start (Nov 9 – Dec 14)
- Monday start date on November 6th
- No age cap to allow more curlers to participate, not turning anyone away.
- Posters to go out to schools
- Quote for equipment upgrade
- Grants not all approved yet
- Asham price is $2500
- Would need to order buy the end of Sept to have equipment for the start of the season
U21 Provincials – December 2017
- Discussion around funds from sponsorship
- Sharing percentages are being discussed
- Volunteers are being recruited at Minor Hockey Registration Night
- Bartenders will need to be licensed for Jr. Provincials
- Online registration will be up and running shortly
- No cost T-shirt if volunteering
- No extra funds
- Enough $’s to get started
- Last season was tight but was not a loss
- Derek is in charge of 300 club next year – he has taken on this responsibility
- Looking into the changes if it becomes a “300 Club” for this season
- Distribution will also happen at Fish Frys.
Learn to Curl Next Year
- Thursday evening or Sunday afternoon
- Will discuss at registration meeting.
- Wendy has run in the past
- Should she train another person
New executives for next season – need 3
Move that the meeting is adjourned – Tara
Second – Derek
Next Meeting Date: Registration Night October 10th